Policies and Procedure
OleumTech® LIMITED WARRANTY POLICY
- OleumTech warrants that new goods described herein and manufactured by OleumTech are free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service, normal wear and tear for which the products were designed for two (2) years from the date of shipment. Batteries and out-of-warranty refurbished goods are expressly excluded from this warranty.
- Batteries MAY BE WARRANTED under separate agreement depending on specific customer needs and applications.
- Out-of warranty-goods that have been returned and fully refurbished by OleumTech will be warranted for a period of one (1) year from the date of the return shipment to the customer.
- OleumTech warrants that goods repaired by it pursuant to the warranty are free from defects in material and workmanship for a period to the end of the original warranty or ninety (90) days from the date of delivery of repaired goods, whichever is longer.
- Warranties on goods not manufactured by OleumTech, are expressly limited to the terms of the warranties given by the manufacturer of such goods.
- All warranties are void in the event that the goods or systems are:
(i) misused or otherwise abused, whether such misuse or abuse is intentional or due to negligence or accident.
(ii) damaged, repaired, altered or modified without OleumTech’s consent,
(iii) not properly installed, maintained or inappropriately operated in strict compliance with instructions furnished by OleumTech,
(iv) worn, damaged from abnormal use in operation or service,
(v) subjected to acts of God, or extreme weather phenomenon including, but not limited to flood, lightning, tornado, hurricane, earthquakes, solar flares, or extreme temperatures exceeding device specifications.
(vi) subjected to intentional acts including, but not limited to vandalism, sabotage, or acts of terrorism.
- THESE WARRANTIES ARE EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES AS TO MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, NOR ANY REPRESENTATIONS, PROMISES, OR STATEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE BY OLEUMTECH UNLESS ENDORSED HEREIN IN WRITING. FURTHERMORE, THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION OF THE FACE HEREOF.
- Any warranties beyond those set forth herein must come directly from OleumTech.
- OleumTech NEITHER SUPPORTS NOR WARRANTIES ANY PRODUCTS PURCHASED FROM eBay, Amazon, or any other unauthorized third-party distribution channels.
- Buyer’s sole remedy for breach of any warranty is limited exclusively to repair or replacement without cost to Buyer of any goods or parts found by Seller to be defective if Buyer notifies OleumTech in writing of the alleged defect within the warranty period stated above, and if the Buyer returns such goods to the OleumTech Corporate office, or to a different location designated by OleumTech, with transportation prepaid by the Buyer, within thirty (30) days of the sending of such notification and which upon examination by OleumTech proves to be defective in material and workmanship. OleumTech is not responsible for any costs of removal, dismantling or reinstallation of allegedly defective or defective goods. If a Buyer does not wish to ship the product back to OleumTech, the Buyer can arrange to have an OleumTech service person come to the site. The Service person’s transportation time and expenses will be invoiced and charged to the account of the Buyer. However, labor for warranty work during normal working hours is not chargeable. In the event the OleumTech service person comes to the site and a determination is made that the OleumTech product(s) are functioning properly, the service person’s onsite time, transportation time and travel expenses will be charged to the account of the Buyer.
- Customized extended warranty and service packages are available to Buyer’s that wish to extend their warranty or provide for onsite service on an ongoing basis.
- Under no circumstances will OleumTech be liable for incidental or consequential damages resulting from breach of any agreement relating to items subject to this warranty, from use of the information herein or from the purchase or use by Buyer, its employees or other parties of goods sold under said agreement.
To ensure your satisfaction, OleumTech products under warranty are entitled to factory repair or replacement of hardware products at no charge during the initial warranty period. Additionally, you have access to OleumTech technical phone support.
Our technical support specialists will assist you in isolating problems and in instrument and system configuration. The technical support specialist will assist you in obtaining a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number if determined that a product requires warranty repair.
OleumTech software products also include an 18-month Software Support plan. In addition to technical phone support, the plan also keeps you up-to-date with the latest version releases throughout the year. The plan provides:
- Automatic upgrades of covered software
- Upgrades via website at no charge